Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Thinking of Bob Denver

Normally I don't go to see horror movies. But the new slasher feature, "Hellbent," is set one block from where I live -- at West Hollywood's annual Halloween Carnival. So I checked it out tonight.

It was OK. I jumped a few times and laughed a few times. It's a pretty good concept -- with everyone dressed up for Halloween how can you tell the good freaks from the bad freak?

However, my real life experience is that at West Hollywood's Halloween Carnival about 60% of the people are un-costumed lookie-loos. I don't really have a right to complain. I haven't actually dressed up for Halloween for about 12 years since I was part of a group that went as the characters on Gilligan's Island. (Yes, I was the Skipper.) R.I.P., little buddy.

No comments: