Friday, April 22, 2005

Everything I Needed to Know I Learned by the Time I Was Five

I had planned on seeing the new Nicole Kidman movie, "The Interpreter" tonight, but by the time I got to the always crowded theater at The Grove -- it was sold out.

So instead I ended up seeing the new Ashton Kutcher and Amanda Peet movie, "A Lot Like Love."

Well, it was A Lot Like Cotton Candy -- sweet, but not very substantial. But if you're looking to park your brain for a couple of hours, you can do a lot worse.

When I was little I used to LOVE the miniature car ride at Knott's Berry Farm. I considered myself an excellent driver. (Why wouldn't I? Grandmother Green always made a big fuss about it. She effectively ignored that the car was completely automated and on a big track. As I saw it, I got us from the start to the finish without hurting anybody, so I must be a good driver.)

Tonight's movie reminded me of that experience. Perfectly entertaining if you allow yourself just to go along for the ride.

No comments: