Friday, December 24, 2004

Vote Early and Often

I've now seen the 6 movies nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture -- Drama, so it's time to vote:

* The Aviator
* Closer
* Finding Neverland
* Hotel Rwanda
* Kinsey
* Million Dollar Baby

Other than "Closer," I liked them all. But "Million Dollar Baby" gets my vote (actually my pretend vote since I'm not one of the 92 voting members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association). But this is my blog, so I get to vote.

It's a touching, gripping story with Major League performances turned in by Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman and Hillary Swank.

Watching the girl-vs.-girl boxing scenes was a bit tough, but there's much more to the movie than that.

Also tonight I saw the preview for the new"Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" starring Johnny Depp for the first time. I can't wait until it comes out next summer. That was one of my favorite childhood books. It was only topped by "James and the Giant Peach" by the same author, Rohl Dahl.

No comments: