Monday, December 01, 2008


For the first time ever, Notre Dame brought their Marching Band to the Coliseum. (Normally the Notre Dame football team is accompanied here by the local Notre Dame High School Marching Band. I'm not making this up.)

About 11 years ago I went to a USC vs. Notre Dame football game in South Bend, Indiana and I was completely blown away by the quality of Notre Dame's band. (I was equally impressed by how kind the Notre Dame fans were to me as a visitor. They seemed genuinely concerned about how I was faring when a little snow began to fall. OK, maybe they were mocking me just a little here. But every time the Dad in the family behind me went to get his brood some hot chocolate he brought me one too. Sadly, I don't think the experience of Irish fans at the Coliseum is quite the same.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: