Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I Am Mutant, Hear Me Roar



Since Hugh Jackman did not host this year's Tony Awards, as he has for the last two, it seemed like seeing "X-Men: The Last Stand" would be a good way to resume my normal routine upon my return from New York City.

I enjoyed its exploration of the issues of fear of what is different and alienation in a society.

It was fun to see Kelsey Grammar as a big, blue mutant who serves in the President's Cabinet as the Secretary of the Department of Mutant Affairs. I couldn't quite figure out what his special power was. Seemed like whenever he exhaled people backed up -- Super Halitosis perhaps?

The special effects are good and Jackman excels as Wolverine -- but personally I'd still prefer to see him sing and dance.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: