Friday, June 23, 2006

Bitter: Party of One

Came home from San Francisco last night to find my air conditioner wasn't working.

Scheduled an appointment with my AC repair guy for after work today. Came home and waited and waited. Finally at 6:45 p.m. he called to say he'd be by Saturday morning.

Made my way to Dodger Stadium -- late.

Traffic on Sunset Boulevard was horrible.

It took at least 15 minutes to pay to get into the Dodger Stadium parking lot. The lot I like was full and I had to park in a horrible part of the lot far away from the Stadium.

The Dodgers gave Fernando Valenzuela Bobblehead Dolls to the first 50,000 guests. Apparently I was guest Number 50,001.

Forgot my camera at home. Couldn't take a picture of the guy one section over who passed out, remained unconscious as they carried him out and was so pale he looked like a cadaver. Nor could I take a picture of the one-year old in front of me who kept staring at me but wouldn't smile, no matter how funny a face I made.

At least the Dodgers beat the Pirates 10 to 4.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I have a "McGriff" I could give you as a consolation prize....