Saturday, February 14, 2009


Now I'm killing a few hours in the Singapore Airlines First Class Lounge at the Singapore Airport -- widely considered to be one of the nicest airport lounges in the country. And I can see why.

It's actually a little personal victory to be in here. Two years ago I passed through this airport in between New Dehli and Sydney. That trip was also a First Class Around-the-World award ticket. But a First Class seat on Singapore Airlines wasn't available between Singapore and Sydney -- I was booked in Business.

When I tried to come into the First Class Lounge (having just come off a First Class flight from New Dehli) they pleasantly informed me is was the class of my outbound flight which determined which lounge I could use and I was welcome to make myself comfortable in the Business Lounge.

I remember pleading my case, unsuccessfully, in a little reservations office off the entrance to the two clubs. The Business Lounge is very nice, but I KNEW the First Class Lounge was a lot nicer.

And tonight I can confirm that it is. And it was very sweet to saunter past that little office and wave hello on my into the First Class Lounge.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: