Wednesday, February 18, 2009


At the third Hilton Hotel in a row I met with a manager, in this case Front Desk Manager Johathan Rosiner (for a 15 minute sit-down meeting) to express my displeasure at being barred from visiting their hotel's Executive Lounge. Mr. Rosiner heard me out and said I could use their Executive Lounge.

I took the opportunity to list my grievances with the Tel Aviv Hilton and the Hilton Hotel chain's "Choose Your Benefit" program. Mr. Rosiner suggested I visit the Hilton website to complain about the benefit program. I told him I was using my well-read travel blog to state my opinion and I was confident Hilton was monitoring it.

I also enjoyed telling Mr. Rosiner that I was checking out of the Tel Aviv Hilton and moving across the street to the lovely Melody Hotel (which I had looked at earlier in the day). He was surprised because the Melody Hotel wasn't "in the same category" as the Hilton. I explained it also wasn't in the same price category.

I'm staying at the Tel Aviv Hilton 3 out of the 4 nights I'll be in Tel Aviv on points. The fourth night I'm paying for out of my pocket. And by moving across the street I'm cutting my cost nearly in half and leaving a substandard Hilton Hotel.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: