Friday, February 20, 2009

Jackie is Always Right


Four years ago when I was going to Brazil Jackie Steinman suggested is visit Iguazu Falls. I took her advice and had two of the most amazing days of my life. (Photos of which are available in the February, 2005 archives of this blog.)

When Jackie heard I was visiting Tel Aviv she asked if I was going to Jerusalem. I told her I hadn't really thought of it. I like visiting big cities and only had four nights in Tel Aviv. She instructed me to go to Jerusalem.

And, boy, am I glad I did. I took a one-day guided tour to Jerusalem.

What an amazing confluence of three of the worlds major religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) -- all steps from each other and in some cases, on top of each other.

The practice of covering your head is an interesting example -- in some places you remove your hat as a show of respect to God, in some places you must cover your head out of respect to God and in some places they are indifferent. I just watched my tour guide and did what he did.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: