Sunday, July 02, 2006

Where Do They Park the Bus and Truck?



Went to the Pantages Theater on Hollywood Boulevard tonight to see "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat."

It was the third time I've seen this show -- which is about two times too many.

Several years ago I saw it in San Francisco as Jackie Steinman's guest -- that version starred Donny Osmond as Joseph.

Then in 2004 I saw it as part of my (now defunct) subscription at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood -- this version starring Soap star Brad Maule as Joseph.

And tonight I saw it as part of my BroadwayLA subscription (which I didn't renew) -- starring Patrick Cassidy as Joseph. I was struck by how much he looks like his late father, Jack Cassidy.

This early Andrew Lloyd Webber/Tim Rice collaboration goes down as easy as cotton candy.

Tonight's show also featured Cassidy's wife, Melissa Hurley Cassidy, and their two young children, Cole and Jack.

What happened? Couldn't they find a role for Shirley Jones?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: