Wednesday, December 12, 2007


Well, I must be exhausted. Monday I got word the Loma Linda City Council (San Bernardino County) was taking up a resolution in opposition to Props. 94 to 97 that night. I checked out their agenda on-line and sure enough there was Item 22 -- a resolution in opposition.

After work I started driving to Loma Linda to attend the Council Meeting to thank them for opposing the Big 4 Gambling Deals. After fighting traffic for about 2 hours it occurred to me -- I don't know exactly why -- that most City Councils meet on Tuesday nights, not Monday nights. I glanced at the agenda and, sure enough, the meeting wasn't last night -- it was tonight!

I pulled off the freeway and turned around about 10 miles short of Loma Linda.

I stopped off at a very festive El Torito in Ontario for dinner (and even though I was upset at myself I didn't have a margarita because I was too tired to have one and then drive home).

I guess if I'm going to make that mistake it's better to go out there one night too early rather than one night too late. And -- APPROVED -- the Loma Linda City Council did vote tonight to oppose.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: