Thursday, December 27, 2007

There Will Be Oscars


Went to see the new movie "There Will Be Blood" last night and I still haven't stopped thinking about it.

I was completely blown away. Set in "Isabella County, California" at the turn of the last century, it's about the discovery of oil in California.

Daniel Day Lewis plays a VERY INTENSE oilman determined to build a pipeline to the sea (San Luis Obispo County).

The movie centers on him and Paul Dano, who plays a bible-thumpin' preacher. The two engage in a power-struggle that goes back and forth and back and forth over the decades.

The acting is so intense I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. This one may well win the Best Picture Oscar, though "No Country for Old Men" remains a major contender in my opinion.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: