Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Movie Marathon


Finished out the Christmas weekend by watching three movies nominated for Golden Globes -- two in a theater and one on DVD.

I caught "The Great Debators" on its Opening Day and I have to say I thought it was pretty pedestrian. Very predictable and not nearly as emotionally charged as you would expect given the topic -- a debate team from all-black Wiley College takes on the debate team from Harvard in the 1930s.

I also was disappointed by "La Vie En Rose." I'm interested in learning more about Edith Piaf but I didn't find this films storytelling to be very adept. She certainly had an interesting childhood -- first living at her Grandmother's brothel and then traveling with her Father in a circus.

But beyond that the film didn't really have much to say about Piaf as a person.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: