Sunday, December 30, 2007


Before the show, my friend Michael (celebrating a birthday) and I had dinner at the new 24-hour restaurant, Mode, at Ninth and Olive downtown.

It's been getting a lot of press lately for being a trendy restaurant on the border between "new" and "old" downtown Los Angeles. And when I heard Rochelle Lewis had lunch there on Friday I decided I'd better get it in gear if I want to keep up with the Joneses.

It'll be interesting to see what happens here. The food (French Country) was OK and the service was uneven. When you can shoot a cannon through a place on a Saturday night and not hit anyone -- that's a bad sign. But with more and more hipsters living downtown they need a place to be themselves. What better than a restaurant with a giant catwalk down the middle of it?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: