Monday, October 20, 2008

Jump-Starting Halloween


Last night I went with a group of friends to "Halloween Horror Nights" at Universal Studios Hollywood. I had a lot more fun than I expected to.

When I was much younger I went to "Knott's Scary Farm" for about 10 years in a row. I've never tried any of Knott's imitators.

Universal does a really good job with their Horror Night. Lots of characters to jump out and scare you as you're walking around. Plus some really well done "mazes" that you walk through and scary creatures lunge at you.

We were walking through "Friday the 13th -- Camp Blood" which had an outdoor camp/western town theme. One spook came at me from a blind corner, but instead of walking towards me he was seated. In a panicked reaction I screamed at the top of my voice, "WHEELCHAIR." I didn't mean it as an insult, I was just completely unnerved by the unexpected difference.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: