Monday, February 12, 2007

Rarin' To Go


Had one final low key day today mostly hanging out at my hotel. Now my batteries are recharged and I'm ready to tackle the second half of my trip with renewed energy -- starting tomorrow morning with a half day tour of Istanbul.

I had dinner tonight at this sidewalk cafe at the bottom of the hill from my hotel. Since it was raining ate inside. This gave me another opportunity to suck down a couple of cigarette's worth of second hand smoke.

The food was OK -- but the people watching was fun.

Afterwards I went to see "Breaking and Entering" -- the new Jude Law, Juliette Binoche and Robin Wright Penn movie. It's an intense little move about love and redemption. Interlocking stories deal with marital infidelity, juvenile crime, immigrants, prostitution, autism and environmentally friendly land development.

This was my second movie here in Istanbul. Both included a ten-minute intermission spliced into the movie halfway through. Totally annoying. But I guess they've got to sell the jams and jellies somehow.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

I've always dreamed of going to Turkey. Have you been to the Bosphorous yet? Your journey has been incredible!