Thursday, August 24, 2006

Way Back Machine



Made my way tonight to Medford, Oregon -- just north of the California-Oregon border in order to participate in some meetings tomorrow just south of the California-Oregon border.

Changing planes at SFO I stopped in for dinner at the new Buena Vista Cafe in the United Terminal. For an airport restaurant, it's excellent. No surprise since it's affiliated with the longtime San Francisco restaurant of the same name, famous for inventing Irish Coffee. And, yes, I had one.

Anywho, I spotted the guy in the photograph above. How could you not? From what I could tell by eavesdropping, he and his buddies were meeting at SFO and flying together for a fishing trip.

As each of his buddies arrived they went nuts over his 70s get-up. He proudly told them his suitcase was full of 70s fashions and he was going to wear them all weekend. (Seems like a funny idea that would get old real fast.)

I was a little hesitant about taking his photo at first, but as you can see by his reaction there was no reason to be.

I'm pretty sure the guy on the left is not wearing a costume.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: