Saturday, August 19, 2006

No Mickey Mousing Around



Despite the friendly criticism from Karen Prosser that I haven't been blogging enough lately -- this is my first set of posts since Tuesday night.

I was out of town on Wednesday and Thursday and didn't get home until late Thursday night -- and spent Friday catching up on work in my office.

But enough whining...

Went to the Great American Concert tonight at the Hollywood Bowl. For the first time anywhere, scenes from the Disney movie "Fantasia" were shown with the accompaniment of a live orchestra.

It was amazing. In addition to several great parts of "Fantasia," they showed some story boards of scenes that didn't make it into the movie.

They also showed "Destino," the animated collaboration between Walt Disney and Salvador Dali. (I wrote about "Destino" a couple of weeks ago after seeing "Lobster Alice.")

I was invited by Geez Bob to be a guest in the prestigious Reed & Davidson box at the Hollywood Bowl. It's quite an experience to see (and hear) the fireworks so close up. I reacted loudly enough to one explosion that the people around me laughed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: