Wednesday, September 11, 2013

No Turtle Soup on the Menu?









I'd heard about a new sandwich shop in Hollywood, Fat Sal's, and was intrigued by the name.

It goes on the list of places I'm glad I visited once but will never go there again.  I didn't hate it, I just wasn't impressed.

For a place called "Fat Sal's" I thought the sandwich was kind of skimpy.  Maybe they should call it "Husky Sal's."

At least the sandwich was tasty -- the chili-cheese fries were horrible.  Even though my order was "for here" everything was wrapped up "to go."  The fries came in a covered tinfoil container and had congealed into something of a casserole by the time I sat down (on a stool at one of their counters).

The place is going for "high energy" -- TVs on, music blaring.  I just want a sandwich not a rager.

Josh Stone, one of the owners, was there and I had a pleasant chat with him.  Of course, Fat Sal's has gotten most of its publicity because Jerry Ferrara (Turtle from Entourage) is also a partner.

I wish them well.  But I doubt they'll see me again.

No comments: