Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Painted Desert







After breakfast I visited the Phoenix Museum of Art.  I was impressed by the size of its collection and the interesting mix of modern and  classical art.  In fact I was there for over three hours and didn't come close to seeing it all.  I'll have to go back.

I took two Docent-led tours while I was there.  One tour focused on the museum's collection of modern and installation art and the other featured three favorite parts of the museum selected by the Docent.

I always enjoy Docent led tours.  First off, I learn a lot more about the art than I ever would just walking around.  Secondly, Docents are always interesting people and I find it fascinating just to hear what they have to say.

The Phoenix Museum of Art also has a unique collection of miniature rooms -- something like elaborate rooms in a doll's house perfectly realized.  So cute!

No comments: