Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Go Big But Never Go Home



After dinner in Sedona I was back in the car to drive on to Phoenix.  I wasn't in Sedona for longer than 3 hours and I really want to go back.

The drive to Phoenix was an easy one but I wish I'd done it during the day.  The freeway clearly went over a major mountain that must be pretty scenic but that'll have to wait for another trip.

I checked into the Westin Hotel in Downtown Phoenix and was very pleased to be upgraded to a very large corner suite.  I've stayed at this Westin twice and am very impressed with this hotel's modern design, comfort and very friendly staff.

The next morning I had breakfast in a restaurant that was featured in Diners, Drive-ins and Dives -- Matt's Big Breakfast, a great combination of a hip setting and a classic menu.  Matt's is focused on fresh ingredients and creative combinations.  And as you can guess from the name, the portions are not dainty.

It was hopping on a Friday morning in August so I bet it gets very crowded on the weekends.  But well worth the effort to go there.

http://www.mattsbigbreakfast.com/

No comments: