Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back at the Palace


Finally got my chance to get inside the Los Angeles Theater Friday night when the Downtown Film Festival offered a screening of the 1929 silent movie "Piccadilly" starring Anna May Wong -- Hollywood's first Chinese-American star.

A couple of months ago I took a walking tour of the movie palaces that line Broadway in downtown Los Angeles. I'd heard the Los Angeles Theater is considered one of the most beautiful (and over-the-top) but we didn't get to go inside that day. So I've been keeping my eye out for something going on that would get me inside.

It was interesting to see "Piccadilly" which hasn't been shown in a movie theater since 1929. I don't think I've ever seen a silent picture accompanied by a live piano player before.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: