Tuesday, August 19, 2008


Before the movie I stopped in the elaborately decorated Clifton's Cafeteria on the other side of Broadway. I don't think I've been in this downtown institution for at least 30 years.

Clifton's was famous for it's escapism decoration -- transporting customers to exotic locales for the price of a cheap meal. This location on Broadway, with it's "mountain retreat" theme is the last remaining one.

Site Meter Salute: Just about the time I was at Clifton's -- 7:20 p.m. on Friday night -- this blog registered visitor number 25,000! It was someone from Santiago, Chile. They read a version of this blog translated into Spanish by Google.

It's a little hard for me to imaging that something I started at the end of 2004 in order to show friends and family pictures from an upcoming trip has attracted to so many visitors. I know there are some blogs out there that register 25,000 visitors an hour. But this has just been a little side hobby of mine.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: