Sunday, July 22, 2007

More Dodger Stadium Hassles


The Dodgers are really working my last nerve. And I don't mean because they lost to the Mets today 5 to 4 in 10 innings.

The Dodgers initiated a new parking system this year where visitors to the stadium (after paying $15 for the privilege to park) and directed by flag-waving staff members to specific parking spots.

I ignore the flaggers and park in the space I want. I like to park so I'll remember where my car is and where it'll be easy to leave after the game. Plus I really hate the Dodgers' new parking system and I refuse to become a Tool to The Man.

Today after I took my preferred spot (only a few spaces from where they wanted me to go and not interfering with any other cars) one of the flaggers came over and banged on my window and demanded I move my car. I told him, "no, thank you."

A few minutes later as I was walking to the stadium a security guard in a golf cart came up and stopped me. He asked me if I was aware of the stadium's new parking policy. I told him I was aware of it, that I had written twice complaining about it with no response, that I regularly blog about my objections to it and that I reject it outright.

I also told him if he'd like to refund the $50 I paid for today's ticket and the $15 I paid to get in the parking lot then I'd be happy to get in my car and be on my way. He said I'd need to take that up with Guest Relations.

He said they would "make note" of my car and implied if it happened again I'd be towed.

I told him that was "a really lousy way" to treat the paying customers.

What a way to start another visit to Dodger Stadium! Well, at least I didn't get hit in the arm by a foul ball like the poor lady pictured above.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: