Thursday, September 07, 2006

What Was It Like Back In The Day?



Spent this evening making a presentation to the University of Southern California's "Campaigns, Elections & Politics" class.

I talked about the campaign I'm working on now (No on Prop. 87) and in general about my work as a political consultant.

It's always good to get back on campus. Though it's clear I haven't been in a college classroom in a few years.

I was completely shocked that over half the students were using laptops to take notes during class. Actually, I hung out in the back of the class while the previous speaker spoke and it was clear that many of the students were also surfing the internet during class. In fact one had a split screen and was taking notes on the left side and shopping on the right side.

It's probably a good thing we didn't have laptops when I went to college. I'm afraid I was something of a daydreamer in class. I don't think I would of heard a word if they'd a had the internets back then.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: