Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Gimme Your Money


Tonight I went to see the new musical movie "Idlewild" starring the guys from Outkast -- Andre 2000 (or is it 3000?) and the other one.

I was really rooting for this movie going into the theater. It's about a small town nightclub/whorehouse, bootlegging and organized crime.

It had one of the best movie previews I've seen in a long time.

Unfortunately, the movie is a mess. There are some scenes that really soar. But there's such a confusion of styles (which is a bad thing in a highly stylized movie) that in a lot of way the picture ends up seeming like a two hour music video.

I don't want my MTV at the movieplex.

And the "talking flask" while cute at first, got really annoying really quickly.

However, I predict big things for Andre Benjamin. That guy can command a movie screen.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: