Thursday, August 25, 2016

Please Remain Standing

Last Saturday night I visited the Ford Theater for the first time since the renowned amphitheater on the opposite side of the Cahuenga Pass from the Hollywood Bowl reopened after a major remodel.

It's a beautiful space and the recent modernization only enhances the guest experience.

My reason for going was a performance by the Los Angeles Jewish Orchestra.  I hadn't seen them perform before and I wasn't sure what to expect.  What a talented group of musicians!  The performance consisted of music composed by Jewish composers.

As is the standard custom at County-owned facilities, the concert began with the National Anthem.  But the most moving part of the evening was immediately after the U. S. National Anthem the orchestra played the Israeli National Anthem.  Chills!  Many in the audience knew the words to sing along.  I didn't but I loved listening to it.  (In fact, I rarely sing during the U. S. National Anthem because I like listening to the music without the interference of my own voice.)

No comments: