Friday, February 26, 2010

Painting a Story


The lease on my Mustang runs out in May. I recently received a letter from Galpin Ford (allegedly the #1 volume Ford dealership in the U.S. for the last 20 years) that said they would pay off my lease early and put me in a 2010 Mustang, with no cash out of my pocket and monthly payments lower than what I'm paying now.

Sounded pretty good to me. So I called their Leasing Manager, and said I'd like to take them up on their offer. We discussed exactly what I was looking for. We set an appointment and he said he would run the numbers and call me if there was any problem.

I didn't hear back from the Leasing Manager so I made my way over the hill to Galpin. The Leasing Manager came out and told me -- surprise -- they wouldn't be able to live up to the offer in the letter.

He made a half-hearted attempt at an apology for not calling me because he was "so busy making other deals."

Fortunately, the letter also said if they couldn't make the deal they were promising they'd give me a $100 certificate towards future service.

I showed this paragraph to the Leasing Manager and watched as he went into an office and literally threw the letter around on a desk with another manager. They kept me waiting thirty minutes but there was no way I was walking out without that $100 certificate.

At one point Dealership Owner Bert Boeckmann walked by but he couldn't be bothered to ask why an obviously unhappy customer was stuck waiting by the Reception Desk for half an hour.

So Galpin may move a lot of metal for Ford but as far as I'm concerned THEY ARE A BUNCH OF LIARS!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: