Sunday, January 31, 2010

Paved Over Paradise and Put Up a Parking Lot


Went with GeezBob Saturday night to see "Avatar." Everyone else in America has already seen it so I guess it was time for us to catch up.

Frankly I don't get what all the fuss is about. The story is a manipulative and stupid formula. (Am I supposed to join in the cheering when American soldiers are killed by the Space Critters?) The special effects were good but didn't seem all that revolutionary to me.

Naturally, it wasn't enough to just see the movie -- we saw it in 3-D on an IMAX screen. I thought the 3-D effect was blurry and bothersome. For some of the movie I tried watching it without the special glasses. That didn't really work either.

So go ahead America, leave me behind in your pop culture dust. I just don't get it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: