Saturday, January 02, 2010

Activate the Gift Cards


The weather in Los Angeles today was absolutely beautiful!

A couple of weeks ago I received an offer in the mail from Hornberg Jaguar to receive a $100 gift card in exchange for test driving a new Jaguar. I'm not in the market to buy a Jaguar but the offer of a gift card was too hard to resist.

I was expecting a hard-pressure sales job and was pleasantly surprised by the experience. But when they told me they'd "mail" me the gift card instead of just giving it to my I figured I'd never see. But lo and behold, two days later I received a gift card good for any store in the Beverly Center in the mail.

And though I'm not in the market for a Jaguar, I have to say driving a Jaguar convertible past the mansions of Beverly Hills was quite an experience. I found myself thinking, "if I drove this car then all this could be mine." It didn't hurt that the weather was perfect last week as well.

Not wanting the gift card to gather any dust I decided to use part of it today. So I went to the movie theater in the Beverly Center and saw "Me and Orson Welles."

Loosely based on the adventures of Orson Welles' Mercury Theater Company's attempts to mount "Julius Caesar" in 1937, this is a movie any fan of the theatah would enjoy. Welles comes across as both despicable and lovable. Genius earns much forgiveness.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: