Friday, November 10, 2006

Time Travel


Went to see the Pet Shop Boys at the Wiltern Theater tonight. It was the last date on their 5-week U.S. Tour.

I liked some of their new stuff and will probably buy their new CD. But, of course, I got the most excited by their 80s hits.

They ended the concert with two great songs (and two of my favorites) "It's a Sin" and "Go West."

Given their aging fan base, it was no surprise that most of the crowd sat through the concert -- except for the three fans in front of me who thought they were going to stand for the entire show. I was persistent in pointing out to them that "Pet Shop Boys is a sit-down concert" and "the Mezzanine at the Wiltern is a sit-down section." About 4 songs into the concert they got up and moved somewhere else. Victory Number One.

Directly behind me was a guy who decided he was going to yell during the entire concert. Whatever, except whenever he yelled he would spit a little on my head. He even got a little spit on my glasses. This is unacceptable. During the intermission I tried to nicely explain to him that I knew he wasn't doing it on purpose but whenever he yelled I was getting rained on. He told me he was still going to yell but would aim it a different way. From the sound of it he covered his mouth during the second act. Victory Number Two.

Once I got the crowd around me whipped into shape it turned into a pretty fun concert.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Ted, You're luckier than me. When I saw the show, most of the audience was up on their feet from the very first song. But I'm glad you enjoyed the show!