Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Road Warrior

I had to come up to San Francisco tonight for a meeting tomorrow. My plan was to work a full day in the office but still fly up early enough to get to San Francisco at a decent hour.

I knew I was in trouble when the United computer called me at 1 p.m. and told me my flight was already 90 minutes late. My 5:45 flight ended up not taking off until 8 p.m. That put me in my hotel, very cranky, at 10:30 p.m.

The problem was it was raining hard in San Francisco and air traffic at SFO was backed up.

The landing was pretty rough -- bouncing and tilting back and forth. It's a little creepy when the plane begins to roll on it's side just enough that you think for a split-second, "if this plane flips upside down I don't think they can fly it that way."

But now I'm safely esconsed in my room at the San Francisco Hilton. I'm not happy with the room they gave me (lots of noise off the street and elevators) -- but that's a whole different story for another (earlier) time.

No comments: