Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Another Sweet Victory!

Last night Proposition 68 went down to a smashing defeat -- losing by 83.7% of the vote. All 58 of California's counties voted to oppose 68. In fact, our "worst" county opposed 68 by 73% of the vote.

Sounds like there is other political news today as well. I guess I need to catch up with the newspaper.

My elation of Prop. 68's defeat was lessened a little today when I realized I'm one General Election away (2006) from the 30 year anniversary of the first election I volunteered on. I remember riding my 5-speed, red Schwin bicycle to check voter turnout at the polls in Pacific Palisades, followed by an exciting Election Night party.

We had a few young people at our Election Night party at the Sacramento Sheraton. I don't know if any of them will be working on political campaigns in 30 years. But I hope we threw an Election Night bash they'll remember fondly.

No comments: