Sunday, July 08, 2012

Hooray for Hollywood


I had a blast at Cirque Du Soleil's "Iris" at the Dolby Theater at Hollywood & Highland last Saturday night.

I've seen quite a few different Cirque Du Soleil shows and have to admit I've grown a little tired of their formula.  (Do audiences still fall for the "innocent audience member brought up on stage to do amazing things" trick?  Yes, they do.)

However, I really enjoyed this Hollywood/Cinema-themed Cirque show.  Great characters, impressive circus acts and some amazing scenes -- especially in the Second Act.

I had a great seat and enjoyed some of the acts literally over my head.  I kept thinking, "I sure hope those spangles are sewn on tightly -- I don't want one in my eye."

It was also great to see this show -- supposedly set to run for 10 years -- has breathed new life into the moribund Hollywood & Highland shopping center.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: