Sunday, September 20, 2009

Recommendations


Thursday I had a meeting at the end of the day in Bakersfield. Since he grew up there I asked GeezBob for a suggestion on where to have dinner afterwards.

Nicely, he sent me a long list of possibilities. I ruled out the restaurants I'd been to before and that put Buck Owen's Crystal Palace at the top of the list (especially when I read about their famous Chicken Fried Steak).

Sadly, when I arrived at the Crystal Palace I learned Travis Tritt was performing there Thursday night and the only way in was if you had a ticket for the sold-out show. So back to GeezBob's list.

That's how I ended up having dinner Thursday night at the Coffee Shop of the Westchester Bowling Alley in downtown Bakersfield. I suppose the food was good for a bowling alley, but I can't say it was the best recommendation I've ever had. However, nothing ventured nothing gained.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: