Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'll Have One of Those


I did my internet research beforehand and came to Stockton prepared with what I hope will be some great restaurant ideas.

I had an outstanding dinner tonight at the El Rancho Inn, which claims to have the best steak in the Central Valley. That's a tall claim, but if it's not the best it has to be as good as any other.

In a fun twist, you stop by the kitchen on the way to your table and place your order. From that point on the service is very attentive.

Based on the surrounding architecture, I'm thinking the El Rancho Inn is located on the old Highway 99, before it was turned into a freeway. I can imagine folks making it a regular stop when passing through Stockton. And now I know it's worth pulling off the freeway.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: