Saturday, March 06, 2010

Major Nostalgia Meets General Memories


I'm spending this weekend at a convention at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park.

I have many, many fond memories of visiting Knott's Berry Farm, America's first theme park, with Grandmother Green. She really liked the Old West theme of Knott's Berry Farm's Calico Ghost Town.

I still remember the diorama that depicted a family struggling to move west in a covered wagon (they made it with just "one cup of water" left) that reduced her to tears.

And I remember begging to go into the Calico Ghost Town Saloon. It took several trips before she finally relented. I remember her going up to the bar to order a sarsaparilla. About the time the Can-Can Girl Show began we had to leave. I'm sure we spent some extra time in the Church-by-the-Lake that day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: