Sunday, November 16, 2008


Before the show my friend, Sky, and I had dinner at a new restaurant, "Church & State." Opened by Steven Arroyo, best known for his three Cobras & Matadors restaurants, this one occupies the former loading dock of downtown LA's National Biscuit Co. Building which was built in 1925.

The Nabisco Building, in the outer reaches of downtown's art district, was recently converted into lofts. I enjoyed seeing the building -- which is beautiful -- but I can't imagine living there. It's surrounded by blocks and blocks of industrial property. If the "art district" is nearby, I sure didn't see it.

As for the restaurant, I'm afraid I didn't like the "working-class French" menu. I thought it was overpriced and the portions were stingy.

The service was attentive but one visit was sufficient to satisfy my curiosity.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: