Wednesday, August 29, 2007



I asked the Front Desk Clerk at my hotel for a recommendation of a nearby "diner" I could walk to for a casual dinner. She sent me to The Capital Grille -- an upscale steakhouse. I forgive her mistake because dinner was really, really good.

According to my waiter there will be 28 Capital Grille restaurants around the country by the end of the year. But none in California -- there once was one in San Francisco but it failed. I've eaten at the one in Washington, DC before.

I had an excellent steak and the service (unlike last night) was outstanding.

Potential Celebrity Sighting: The Mets are in town to play the Phillies and are staying in my hotel. I saw a couple of them coming back into the hotel after losing to the Phillies tonight, but I didn't know their names. I think Shawn Greene and Paul Lo Duca are with the Mets and I'd like to tell them how much the Dodger fans miss them. The hotel lobby had a bunch of cheesy Mets fans looking for autographs.

No comments: